- GENERAL NOTICE
Obelis is required to collect, process and store personal data to meet contractual and management responsibilities and obligations. This data is processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you. The set of operations which are performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means, is called data “processing” and this is done in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (GDPR).
- The Users acknowledge having read the information below and authorizes Obelis to deal, in accordance with what is specified below, with the personal data he/she communicates on/to the Website within the framework of the service proposed by Obelis (hereinafter the “Service”).
- By providing information to Users, Obelis may be required to amend and adapt the Charter, in order to comply with any new applicable legislation and/or regulations, such as the adoption of the new European regulation in dealing with the personal data, the recommendations of the Belgian Privacy Commission, the guidelines, recommendations and good practice of the European Data Protection Committee and the decisions of courts and tribunals in this field.
- The Charter is valid for all the hosted pages on the Website and for the savings of this Website. It is not valid for the hosted pages by third parties that Obelis may redirect to and where their privacy policies may differ. Obelis will not be held responsible for any data processed on these Websites or by them.
- Access to the Website shall in principle be possible without having to provide personal data, such as, for example, surname, first name, postal address, e-mail address, etc.
- However, as part of the Service, the Users may be required to transmit certain personal data. In such case, the person in charge of processing these data is: Obelis SA, Blvd General Wahis 53 – 1030 Brussels – N ° BCE: 435456853.
- Any question or request concerning the processing of these data may be addressed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Data transmitted to Obelis by active intervention of users (by browsing the Website, filling out forms or newsletters on the Website, through the mobile application or social networks linked to Obelis), the Users allows Obelis to register and maintain, for the purposes mentioned in point 4, the following information:
- Identification data, such as surname and first name, gender, e-mail address, date of birth and contact information;
- Communications between Users and Obelis;
- The additional information requested by Obelis from the Users in order to identify or prevent him/her from breaching any of the provisions of the Charter;
- And any other information voluntarily transmitted to Obelis by the Users for a determined purpose in the Charter, in the ToU, on/to the Website or on any other communication tool used by Obelis.
- Data automatically transmitted to Obelis when consulting the website.
- In order to facilitate browsing the Website and optimize technical management, the Website may use “cookies”.
- Subject to the prior consent of the Users, the Website may also allow the use of third-party cookies, including the following:
- Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin
- Google analytics
- General purposes – Obelis collects, saves and processes personal data of its Users in particular for the following purposes:
- To provide the Service of a European Authorized Representative, Responsible Person or Consultant on EU Regulations;
- To analyse, adapt and improve the content of the Website(s);
- To carry out internal statistical surveys;
- To detect and / or prevent fraud or similar activities of an illegal nature;
- To facilitate the provision and use of the Website and improve the Services offered by Obelis as well as the experience of the Users;
- To respond to requests for information;
- To promote Obelis services and inform Users about the evolutions of the Website, the Service and Regulatory Updates;
- For any other purpose for which the Users has expressly consent.
- Obelis will not collect sensitive personal data considered irrelevant for the performance of the said services (information about racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; sexual life; and criminal allegations, proceedings or convictions).
- Obelis collects and processes your personal data to meet contractual/management responsibilities under the legitimate interest provision of the GDPR Regulation. It includes, but is not limited to, data relating to: surname and family name, position and responsibilities within the organization, e-mail address and telephone/mobile number, postal address.
- For the performance of the service, Obelis may be required to provide your personal data to third party providers (ie. Competent Authorities, Notified Bodies, Safety Assessor, etc.) Which have adequate data protection policy. None the less, with the exception of the Authorities, Obelis will not share your personal data with any other third party without your prior consent. Your personal data will not be shared informally.
- Transfer to a country not a member of the European Economic Area (EEA) – Obelis does not transfer data to a country which is not a member of the European Economic Area unless it provides an adequate level of protection within the meaning of the law applicable, or within the limits permitted by the same law, for example by ensuring the protection of data by appropriate contractual provisions.
- Personal data is collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully. The data can be stored electronically in Obelis Database, on paper or on other materials. Obelis will strictly collect data adequate and relevant for the performance of its role and services as European Authorized Representative, Responsible Person or Consultant on EU Regulations.
- Obelis has taken the adequate measures to ensure that the servers hosting the processed personal data prevent, to the extent possible:
- The processing, access or unauthorized modification of these data;
- The inadequate use or disclosure of such data; and
- The unlawful destruction or accidental loss of such data.
- Your personal data will be accessed uniquely by the personnel authorized which are subject to strict confidentiality obligations. Obelis ensures the data is handled appropriately by promoting adequate internal use of personal data. As well as ensures all systems, services and equipment used for storing data meet acceptable security standards. Obelis cannot, however, be held liable for any misappropriation of these data by a third party in spite of the adopted security measures.
- The Users undertake not to commit any acts which may be contrary to the present Policy or, generally, the law. Offenses against the confidentiality, integrity and availability of computer systems and saved data, processed or transmitted by such systems, or the attempt to commit any of these offenses, are punishable by law.
- RETENTION PERIOD
Obelis will normally keep the personal data of its Users for the necessary duration for the accomplishment of the pursued purposes (see point 4) but not longer than 10 years. Obelis may also continue to maintain personal data provided by the Users in other ways, including any correspondence or request for assistance addressed to Obelis, in order to be able to answer any questions or complaints that may be addressed to it. In order to comply with all applicable laws (including taxation), in particular the conservation of information on payments made.
- USERS RIGHTS
- The Users may at any time request access, rectification or, if necessary, deletion to/ from his/her personal data, with the exception of those which Obelis would have a legal obligation to keep, by sending a written request accompanied by a copy of his identity card or passport to the data controller:
- At the following postal address: Obelis SA: Legal Department/QA Department, Blvd. Brand Whitlock 30, 1200 Brussels; or
- To the following email address: email@example.com
- If the Users wish to raise a complaint on how their personal data was handled, he/she can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org who will investigate the matter. If the Users is not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing personal data not in accordance with the law, it is possible to can complain to the Data Protection Authority https://www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be/.
- Persons under the age of 18 and persons who do not have full legal capacity are not permitted to communicate their personal data to Obelis.
- PERIODIC UPDATE
In respect to Obelis’ continuous efforts to uphold the requirements and its high quality of service, this Policy is subject to periodic non-retroactive review and may be revised annually based on any revisions to the tasks, responsibilities and requirements introduced by the applicable EC Directives, Regulations, Decisions or National laws on Data Protection.
- APPLICABLE LAW & JURISDICTION
- The Policy shall be governed by the Belgian law to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable rules of private international law.
- In the event of a dispute concerning the validity, application, interpretation or enforcement of the Policy, the courts of the judicial district of Brussels (Belgium) shall have exclusive jurisdiction, to the fullest extent permitted by the rules of private international law.
- Before undertaking any legal dispute resolution, the User undertakes to resolve the dispute by amicable means by contacting hub.brussels directly, if necessary by mediation, before resorting to arbitration, litigation, or any other means of dispute resolution.